Data protection statement for AppSteer website and mobile app
Welcome to AppSteer data collection and forms application. Data protection is an important concern for us. In the following we would like to inform you about how we process your data. We, therefore, ask you to read the following information on data protection carefully.
Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
When visiting the website
When you visit our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- Anonymized (= Shortened) IP address of the requesting computer
- The date and time of access
- Name and URL of the downloaded file
- Size of the data transferred
- Indicates whether the download was successful
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL)
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data listed will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection to the website;
- ensuring comfortable use of our website;
- evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
Our legitimate interest arises from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
When registering for our newsletter
When registering for our newsletter provided that, you have expressly consented we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, all you need to do is provide your email address.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you are welcome to send your request to unsubscribe at any time by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the form provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required so that we know who sent the request and can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been processed.
Sharing of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for reasons other than those listed below.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- You have expressly consented to this
- The disclosure is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in not disclosing your data
- In the event that is a legal obligation, provided
- This is legally permissible and is required for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie that results in each case in connection with the specifically used terminal device. However, this does not mean that we immediately become aware of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specified period of time to optimize user-friendliness. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned for the protection of our legitimate interests as well as of third parties.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Deactivating cookies, however, may result in your being unable to use all the functions in our portal.
Language Translation Tools
We also respect the ‘Do-not-track’ setting of your browser.
Social media plug-ins
We do not use social plug-ins on our website. Possible social media symbols are normally linked and do not transmit data to social media platforms.
Rights of the persons concerned
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may obtain information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if this has not been collected by us, and requires the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about its detail;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need this to assert, exercise or for the defense of legal claims or you have objected to processing;
- to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another responsible person;
- to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our practice headquarters.
Right of objection
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an email to email@example.com.
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. When personal data is collected, their transfer will be encrypted in order to prevent misuse of data by third parties. Our security measures are continuously updated according to technological developments.
Liability for contents
The contents of this website have been created with the greatest care. However, iSteer cannot assume any liability for the correctness, completeness and topicality of the contents. As a service provider, we are responsible for our own content on these pages. We are not obliged as service providers to monitor transmitted or stored third-party information or to investigate circumstances that indicate illegal activity. Obligations to remove or block the use of information in accordance with general laws remain unaffected by this. However, liability in this respect is only possible from the time of knowledge of a concrete violation of the law. If we become aware of such infringements, we will remove these contents immediately.
Liability for links
The offer of AppSteer may contains links to external websites of third parties, on whose contents we have no influence. Therefore, we cannot assume any liability for these external contents. The respective provider or operator of the pages is always responsible for the contents of the linked pages. The linked pages were checked for possible legal infringements at the time of linking. Illegal contents were not recognizable at the time of linking. However, permanent monitoring of the content of the linked pages is unreasonable without concrete evidence of a violation of the law. If we become aware of any such infringements, we will remove such links immediately.
The contents and works created by iSteer on these pages are subject to Indian copyrights act. Duplication, editing, distribution and any kind of use outside the limits of copyright law require the written consent of the respective author or creator. Downloads and copies of this site are only permitted for private, non-commercial use. As far as the contents on this site were not created by the operator, the copyrights of third parties are respected. In particular, the contents of third parties are marked as such. Should you nevertheless become aware of a copyright infringement, please inform us accordingly. We will immediately remove such contents as soon as we become aware of a violation of the law.